Usally, a solar lamp doesn't really need much maintenance. As long as you inspect it for damage and clean the solar panel a few times a year, your light could last more than 10 years without a replacement. In this article, we suggest a few tips on how to clean your solar panels, as following:
1. First, check with the specific recommendations for cleaning from your solar panel light manufacturer.
2. Solar panels do get hot in direct sunlight so try to clean your solar panels on a relatively cool day, either earlier in the morning or late in the afternoon.
3. Typically, a quick spray with your garden hose is good enough to do the job. However, if you have a large buildup of dust and dirt then fill a bucket or spray bottle with warm water and soap for a more thorough cleaning.
4. Clean the surface of the solar panel with a soft cloth or sponge. You can use a soft squeegee and don't have to clean the wiring underneath.
5. Don't use an abrasive or detergent cleanser; you want to avoid scratching the glass.
6. A good rain can clean your solar panels. However, this works best when the panels are tilted like on a roof.
7. Consider the season you're in. Removing leaves and snow during autumn and winter can optimize your panel or fixture¡¯s performance.
As long as you follow these tips, cleaning a solar panel may become so easy, so you don't need to hire professional solar panel cleaners.